- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): Taylor Farms and Sakata Seed participate in Petal It Forward
The program, which took place on October 11th in more than 273 cities across 50 states, is designed to promote the understanding of the emotional value of giving and receiving flowers. Participants surprised individuals on the street with two flower bouquets, encouraging them to keep one and gift the other. As an added bonus, Taylor Farms coupons were included in each bouquet.
“At the core of our values, and as part of our 40th anniversary celebration, Sakata Seed America is committed to supporting activities that aim to enhance life, the environment and culture in our local communities, as well as across North America,” says Alecia Troy of Sakata. “Petal It Forward is a grass-roots, personal way to connect with others and spread the joy of flowers. Partnering with a caring company like Taylor Farms makes it even more meaningful.”
Special thanks are also being given to Kitayama Brothers and Green Valley Floral for donating flowers to the Petal It Forward project. Without their generous support, this event could not have happened.
“We were thrilled to receive the invitation from Sakata Seed America and the Society of America Florists to partner on this initiative,” said Katrina Gargiulo of Taylor Farms. “We take great pride in giving back to our local community and appreciate the opportunity to partake in this special program.”
University research reveals that flowers have an immediate impact on happiness and a long-term positive effect on moods. Now, a new survey has found that, when it comes to flowers, it’s just as good to give as it is to receive. With this data in mind, the Petal It Forward team is not only spreading happiness to lucky Salinas residents who receive the flowers, but arming these recipients with the tools they need to Petal It Forward and spread happiness to others.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Schoneveld Breeding portal: more marketing materials available
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
- 2022-05-19 Elements for a successful website design
- 2022-04-22 ‘European Central Bank must act soon to avoid currency crisis’
- 2022-04-13 How to prepare for Mother’s Day
- 2022-03-25 All #LoveNotWar flower hearts listed in an interactive e-magazine
- 2022-03-24 8 pink roses to celebrate UK mother's day 2022
- 2022-03-16 Colombia joins the global campaign #LoveNotWar
- 2022-03-14 The floral message of hope: Flowerhearts placed all over the world
- 2022-03-10 Royal FloraHolland organizes benefit auction for Giro555 on 14 March
- 2022-02-02 "As it's generic promotion for the cut flowers and greens, all industry participants will benefit"
- 2022-01-27 World of Sprayroses presents new E-Magazine
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'