- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Take a peek at PanAmerican Seed's autumn trials
When trialing new varieties, breeders are looking for uniformity - not only within the hybrid, but among the different hybrids in the series-, and easy and fast flowering, which means a short crop time for the growers. "We try to find the best plants for the growers year round and in a worldwide environment", Reid Snyder, Global Product Manager of pansies and violas at PanAmerican Seed.
Interesting to notice are the different requirements from different countries. Novelties seem to be the big thing in the UK. "They still want the core colors like blue blotch and yellow blotch, but novelty is a big factor on what people want nowadays", Peter Mitchell of Ball Colegrave (UK). In France, they are looking for a plant that will be big enough to fill the pot and they want flowers as soon as possible with a uniformity between the different colors of the series, explains Sylvia Rocheteau, Product Representative at PanAmerican Seed. Tanja Nieminen and Niko Grönberg of Helle Oy from Finland told Ross that Finnish growers attach a lot of value to early, fast and uniform flowering. "Our summer season is short so, we need a series that is in flower fast and at the same time."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Takii unveils new seed production location in Karacabey, Turkey
- 2023-05-31 HilverdaFlorist launches new catalog for 2024
- 2023-05-30 Six candidates competing for FleuroStar
- 2023-05-30 India: Commercial tissue culture facility inaugurated at Punjab Ag University
- 2023-05-26 Space seeds are sprouting
- 2023-05-23 US: Proven Winners ColorChoice roses continue to earn top marks in trials
- 2023-05-23 “Growers no longer have to wait to see what a plant will do”
- 2023-05-15 "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- 2023-05-11 "We have earned our 75+ years of experience through the same values we still have today"
- 2023-05-09 Syngenta appoints new business manager for expanding Ornamentals team
- 2023-05-09 Efforts to strengthen the system for breeders rights protection in Mexico
- 2023-05-08 MNP / Suntory launches (how it's made) explanation video
- 2023-05-05 Sakata releases new Dania and Danique series
- 2023-05-03 Revisit the California Spring Trials displays of Ball Horticultural Company with virtual tour
- 2023-05-02 Proven Winners announces 2024 new varieties
- 2023-05-02 Dutch Spring Trials are on
- 2023-05-01 Interplant Roses organizes Rose Inspiration Days
- 2023-04-28 Austrian Parliament amends seed patent law
- 2023-04-27 "New location and new concept"
- 2023-04-25 Arun Sharma joins Benary as Global Head of Breeding