- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
UK: Allensmore Nurseries breaks ground on expansion
This latest development is in response to current and anticipated increased demand for the company’s expanding range of high quality perennials.
Commenting on their latest investment, Allensmore MD, Mark Taylor, said:
“We have seen significant demand increases from our customers in recent months due to our expanding ranges and also in no small part to their concerns over the uncertainty of good quality, reliable, cost-effective plant supplies arising out of the Brexit outcomes, and the weakened pound which is already making imports more expensive. This is resulting in high demand for UK-grown, high quality alternatives to EU-sourced plants and this has given us confidence to accelerate our planned production investment programme.
Our 40 acre Madley site currently comprises outdoor beds which incorporate the very latest under-bed irrigation systems, fed by our own 5 million gallon reservoir and water recycling and filtration facilities, together with 3 acres of new glasshouse and 2 acres of new polytunnel production.
The addition of a further 9 acres of outdoor perennial production capacity will enable us to meet current and anticipated demand for the immediate future.
We are very positive and excited about the future prospects for UK garden plant production and Allensmore have an on-going expansion plan to ensure we are ready and well-equipped to meet this demand for our plant ranges.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 US: Applications now open for graduate scholarships
- 2023-12-06 Jinning World Horticenter set to make waves in China’s floral industry
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-05 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-05 Metrolina Greenhouses receives GlobalG.A.P. certification
- 2023-12-05 Floramedia Germany GmbH announces a change in management
- 2023-12-05 PanAmerican Seed moves into new facility in Venhuizen, the Netherlands
- 2023-12-05 Mixt Creations introduces 'Limited by Plant Creations'
- 2023-12-05 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-12-04 Change in leadership at Parfum Flower Company
- 2023-12-04 Augusto Solano receives recognition from Japanese government
- 2023-12-04 Saverglass becomes part of the Orora Group
- 2023-12-04 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Signify announces new customer-centric organization and structural cost reductions
- 2023-12-01 Rise N' Shine Biotech partners with Hi-Breeding