Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US (CA): CFM Petalers prep Dodgers World Series victory flowers
Many California Flower Mall businesses designed distinct, creative flower products to add excitement and a winning spirit to this weeks “do or die” Dodgers games. Miriam Cazares, owner of Cazares Flowers in showroom #112 says, “Our team prepared a range of Dodger baseball themed flowers for every budget from tiny, kitschy $5 Dodger Dog baskets to more elaborate 2.5 feet tall $40 baseball shaped centerpieces for game buffet floral centerpieces, office and lobby team spirit displays and gifts.” Other flower vendors say they’ll offer a single Dodger victory bouquet or design. Nayeli Jimenez, owner of Royalty Flower Events in CFM showrooms #106 & 108 decided to offer a large farm fresh cash and carry $10 bouquet of fluffy blue spider mums, white roses, and eucalyptus to bring good luck to the Dodgers and their fans. Floral arranger Angel Alba from Luxury Events by Alba #110 will custom design orders for his signature baseball bat, hat and ball “flower sculpture.” Sanchez and Ramos Flowers #111 offers an on-trend blue lacquer garden bucket vase lush with fragrant white lilies, blue carnations, white hydrangeas and feathery blue filler.
California Flower Mall named Mireya’s Flowers showroom #121 the most die-hard CFM Dodger fans with the best team spirit display in the downtown LA wholesale flower market. Owners Mireya Perez and Joel Cervantes are showing their team and Halloween spirit today wearing Dodger hat and shirt costumes, displaying Dodger team balloons, large blue and white rose and mum bouquets, upscale blue and white floral box décor featuring Dodger merchandise keepsakes; Dodger coffee mug bouquets for offices and co-workers, and high end 3 – 4 foot centerpieces for Dodger victory dinners, celebrations and receptions. Cervantes says, “We’ve also designed blue and white church altar flower arrangements for clergy and congregation Dodger fans – LA’s team needs everyone’s prayers to win game 6 and 7 and claim the pennant!”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 US (FL): "Fresh products at any time of the year is essential"
- 2023-05-30 AU: Online florist accused of misleading customers
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Kericho florist's ornamentals business thrives
- 2023-05-22 UK: Lucy Vail prepares to dazzle 168,000 visitors with floral display at the main gate
- 2023-05-22 UK: MP visits Kinver florist shop championing British flowers
- 2023-05-18 "How to prepare your floral business for the 2023 wedding season"
- 2023-05-15 Albrighton grower to unveil rose named after mystery celebrity at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-12 US (NC): Florist’s in Cape Fear are gearing up for Mother’s Day
- 2023-05-11 A look behind the scenes of the floral supply chain
- 2023-05-10 Florists in Turkey gear up for Mother's Day celebrations
- 2023-05-10 UK: How an East Yorkshire flower grower helped set the scene for the Coronation
- 2023-05-08 AU: Subiaco to come alive with floral creations for Mother’s Day
- 2023-05-01 UK: London's 4am flower market that's gone TikTok viral
- 2023-04-19 US (UT): Locally-grown flower market opens in Pleasant Grove
- 2023-04-05 US: "A look at my floral process, start to finish"
- 2023-03-22 "SecondFlor answers your wish of preserved flowers in the USA"
- 2023-03-20 US (IA): Spring on track for Iowa trees, shrubs, and flowers
- 2023-03-10 Funeral Flowers Arrangement same day delivery service to United States and Canada
- 2023-03-01 US (PA): Black women florists group blooms in the spotlight at the PHS Flower Show
- 2023-02-22 “Making the industry more efficient benefits everyone”