- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Re-use your drain water with an ultra filtration unit
How does the unit work?
The drain water is filtered through the Ultra Filtration unit. Once the water is disinfected it can be added to the fertigation unit. The water is ready to re-use and provide nutrients to your crops.
This is an example of a rose grower, but the system can be used in any cultivation.
Lower the use of fertilizers
Another important advantage is that the fertilizers will remain in the water. By measuring the amount of fertilizers left after filtering, it’s possible to add products as desired. This can lead to a financial advantage regarding the use of fertilizers, as they stay available after filtering.
Cost-efficient energy use
Since the working pressure on the membranes is not higher than a few bar, the system won’t require much energy to operate. The basic set up of the Ultra Filtration system has a flow rate between 2 and 3.5 m2 per hour and can be expanded to every desirable flow rate.
For more information:
Hortus Supplies International
1432 JH Aalsmeer
+ 31 297 52 49 19
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-21 Why more growers are choosing polycarbonate panels
- 2022-06-17 Grow lights for herbs: which option to choose
- 2022-06-17 How agritech startup Ecozen helps farmers grow with its solar products
- 2022-06-15 Caterpillar control with insect filter system at Florein Gerbera's
- 2022-05-27 Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- 2022-05-26 Experimental study reveals impact of light spectrum on plant growth
- 2022-05-23 “Recycling of nutrient solutions leads to important savings”
- 2022-05-23 24/7 virtual scouts equipped with computer vision to identify pathogens and pests
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-19 Water treatment with nanobubbles leads to decreased losses in gerbera cultivation
- 2022-05-17 OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- 2022-05-05 Improving growers' understanding of their irrigation water
- 2022-05-04 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-04-29 "I am convinced we all have to go in this direction in horticulture”
- 2022-04-27 "We use less heating compared to the HPS side of the greenhouse"
- 2022-04-26 "Investment in autonomous drones contributes to the digitization of greenhouses"
- 2022-04-21 SunPlus horticulture portfolio grows with the addition of deep-red
- 2022-04-21 "Chinese horticulture much more than production only"
- 2022-04-19 NL: Upgraded aerial work platform can get to work again
- 2022-04-15 Floricultural wholesalers choose to rent electric tow tractors from Steenks Service