- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: National Rose Trial Garden hands out awards
The purpose of the Trial Garden is to identify and promote those roses best suited to Australian growing conditions, promote Australian Rose Breeding, provide information on roses to the public and provide feedback to Rose Breeders, growers and retailers.
The trial garden is located within the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. A team of ten independent Assessors judge each rose 14 times in the two-year trial. The judges include garden designers and advisors, gardeners from domestic and public gardens and retailers. The roses are not known to the Assessors as each rose is identified by only a number.
The assessment criteria used involves judging the ‘General Impression’ 30%, ‘Flowering and Flower Quality’ 30%, ‘Pest and Disease Resistance’ 30% and ‘Fragrance’ 10%.
Click here to see the roses awarded by the garden.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 India: Flower regulation in floriculture
- 2022-06-22 Flower regulation in floriculture: An agronomic concept and commercial use
- 2022-06-21 1045 infected roses from Kenya were burned in Russia
- 2022-06-17 "Coating slows down vegetative growth in Santini Chyrsanthemum'
- 2022-06-16 Hundreds of infected roses from Kenya were not allowed into St. Petersburg
- 2022-06-16 Summer is bulb-harvest time
- 2022-06-15 Polish retail chains represent an opportunity for Dutch companies
- 2022-06-14 Exploring the relationship between trichome and terpene chemistry in Chrysanthemum
- 2022-06-08 Protected cultivation of Lilium cut flower in the non-traditional regions
- 2022-05-30 Breeder unveils new Echinacea and Nepeta varieties
- 2022-05-25 Volunteers repurpose donated bouquets for a good cause
- 2022-05-17 Flower farm in Utah lets customers pick their own flowers
- 2022-05-16 Top three picks from Danziger open house in Israel
- 2022-05-11 Corpse flower stench crashes Madison couple’s wedding
- 2022-05-09 “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- 2022-05-06 Why we give Mom flowers on Mother's Day
- 2022-05-06 Arrested for picking flowers? Cape Town man busted for ‘serious offence’
- 2022-05-02 Heat stress and injury of high tunnel-grown bedding plants
- 2022-04-29 Botanical tulip is the flower bulb of the year
- 2022-04-29 The houseplant industry’s threat to biodiversity