- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dümmen Orange shows full portfolio at FlowerTrials
- Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- Chrysanthemums can be grown with less electricity and less heat
- NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- New sprayable feed enhances the establishment of beneficial insects
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Dutch grower finds new markets for lisianthus
According to Marketing Manager Jolanda Van der Lugt, the family-run company with its roots in vegetable and freesia cultivation decided to focus solely on growing this challenging cultivar around ten years ago. “Lots of experience, expertise and care is necessary to be able to offer a fine-looking product.” The company cultivates lisianthus flowers in sixteen attractive colours, on an area of 74,000 square metres the whole year round.
Moving from Christmasworld to Floradecora results in more customers and increasing sales figures
Jolanda Van der Lugt had the chance to speak with florists interested in this decorative flower when her company took part in a special event showing seasonal and festive decorations together with fresh flowers at Christmasworld 2016. Hence, deciding to take part in the premiere of Floradecora earlier this year was not difficult. “In the first year, we gained an impression that was confirmed by numerous florists.” They were helped in this not only by having their own exhibition stand but also by contacts to new customers made by sales partners such as FleuraMetz, Hamifleurs and OZ Export who also took part as exhibitors in the first edition of Floradecora.
The marketing expert was more than pleased with the reaction of visitors to the range of lisianthus flowers on show. “They were really enthusiastic and we achieved growth in terms of both sales figures and customer numbers.” For Jolanda Van der Lugt, Frankfurt is the right place to make a presentation with potential for growth with more visitors and more exhibitors. She gives two reasons for her positive assessment. Firstly, she believes there is a need for the new kind of market place offered by Floradecora. “There are not many flower fairs where customers can order directly and immediately. At Floradecora, they can see the goods with their own eyes and find out about the varied range of products we offer.” Secondly, she sees advantages from holding Floradecora concurrently with Christmasworld: “It gives florists and furnishing-store buyers the chance to order decorative materials and flowers at the same time and place. And they can see how flowers represent an ideal theme for every season.”
As a marketing expert, Jolanda Van der Lugt is particularly interested in promotional activities for lisianthus and, via social media channels and printed publications, she shows many of the varied and attractive ways of arranging lisianthus. She also draws attention to the potential of these delightful flowers via workshops for wholesalers. At the same time, however, she attaches particular significance to the direct, enthusiastic reactions of Floradecora visitors: “We came to Frankfurt with completely new cultivars – with bigger varieties and extraordinary examples, which fascinated people there.” With her company’s presentation at next year’s Floradecora, Jolanda Van der Lugt aims to build on the contacts made at this year’s fair.
The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour offers insights into the spectrum of products to be seen and who to contact. For inquiries about taking part in Floradecora, contact Martina Bullack on +49 69 7575-6466 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 LED solutions save 40% of energy for Topline Gerbera and increases stem weight
- 2023-06-05 US: "A tapestry of nature's splendor"
- 2023-06-05 Rare orchid grower says it's a piece of cake
- 2023-06-05 US: Southwest Virginia organic farm blossoming
- 2023-06-01 “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- 2023-06-01 Buying an established farm, expanding a market for luxury flower, and scale up for future growth
- 2023-06-01 "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium