- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Dutch Flower Awards for De Haas Calla’s, Oriental Growers, Nini Flowers
Dutch Flower Awards 2017
This is now the 16th time DFG has put its supply chain partners in the spotlight via the Dutch Flower Awards. These distinctions were awarded for the categories of Cut Flowers, Plants and Foreign Growers. De Haas Calla's (Zantedeschia, Helleborus) from De Lier was named winner of the Cut Flowers category. For Plants, the award went to Oriental Growers (products include Bonsai, Lucky Bamboo and Cactus) from Bleiswijk. Nini Flowers (Roses) based in Naivasha, Kenya, was announced winner of the Foreign Growers category.
Preferred Partner Recognition
Following the presentation of the Awards, logistics partner De Winter Logistics was declared as this year’s selection for the Preferred Partner Recognition.
Expectations for 2017 and the following year
In his speech, Marco van Zijverden reported that digitalisation, the theme of this year’s Dutch Flower Awards, has now been achieved within Dutch Flower Group and among many ranks of the horticultural sector. He also gave an explanation about the Blueroots digital platform initiative. With regard to DFG's turnover, Marco reported this is expected to reach €1.5 billion this year, up more than 8% from 2016. For 2018, in addition to further digitalisation, there will be a push to strengthen market position through intensified customer relationships, collaboration with growers and suppliers and further efficiency efforts, with technology playing a leading role.
For more information:
Dutch Flower Group
1430 AC Aalsmeer
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- 2023-06-06 LED solutions save 40% of energy for Topline Gerbera and increases stem weight
- 2023-06-05 US: "A tapestry of nature's splendor"
- 2023-06-05 Rare orchid grower says it's a piece of cake
- 2023-06-05 US: Southwest Virginia organic farm blossoming
- 2023-06-01 “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- 2023-06-01 Buying an established farm, expanding a market for luxury flower, and scale up for future growth
- 2023-06-01 "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers