The program will be held at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 1710 N. Farm-to-Market Road 3053. Cost is $35 per person if preregistered by Dec. 1 and $50 at the door. Lunch is provided.
Register online at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu or call Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Conference Services at 979-845-2604.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education credits – one laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and three general credits – will be available.
Topics and speakers include:
- Pesticide Use in Vegetable Production, Dr. Joe Masabni, AgriLife Extension vegetable specialist, Overton.
- Crape Myrtle Barkscale, Erfan Vafaie, AgriLife Extension entomologist, Overton.
- Turf Weed Management, Dr. Scott Nolte, AgriLife Extension state weed specialist, College Station.
- Laws and Regulations of Pesticide Use, Dr. Don Renchie, AgriLife Extension pesticide safety education program coordinator, College Station.
- Texas Superstar Plants, Dr. Brent Pemberton, Texas A&M AgriLife Research ornamental horticulturist, Overton.
Source: AgriLife Today (Adam Russell)