Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
UK: Earley Ornamentals introduces 2018 novelties
With many options featured, highlights include new colour Bella Fuchsia Julia - the first double-flowered semi-trailing variety in the series. Suitable for hanging baskets, Julia blooms from April til November. Both upright and semi-trailing varieties are now available in 13 colours.
Another star included is the all-weather XPetchoa SuperCal Light Yellow. With large vivid yellow flowers and superior outdoor performance, it was Highly Commended in the Best Plant Introduction Bedding or Pot Plant category at Four Oaks. Early blooming, pH tolerant and ideal for cold-frame or low-energy production.
New colours and mixes expand 2018 Pansy Premier range
Four colourful new mixes and an array of new colours have been added to the Pansy Premier F1 range for 2018, which also features 12 and 14 colour mixes.
Extra colours that match well for autumn production include Lavender Shades, White Rose Blotch and Autumn Mix, which are available in the Premier Autumn F1 collection.
For retailers, Premier means less wastage due to a longer shelf life and better quality throughout - an excellent commercial choice. For consumers, it offers good winter-flowering capability and excellent garden performance.
Blotch face plants are generally best sellers and in the extensive Earley Pansy Premier collection, the Premier Gold with Blotch is the number one choice. Available in 480 tray size for delivery from week 2.
Pansy Premier is a large flowered series suited to autumn, winter and spring cultivation. Bred by Sakata, Premier is a non-stretching, basal branching plant. It delivers reduced growing costs due to low PGR requirement.
Suited to high density pot and pack production it offers strong plants, with upward facing flowers, growing upright to a height of 15cm and 10cm wide.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-24 “New ways of utilising herbs in the garden”
- 2023-05-23 UK: Agapanthus 'Black Jack' Plant of the Year at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-19 "It adds a unique tropical flair to the garden or landscape"
- 2023-05-04 "Bi-colored Supertunias have been increasingly popular with North American gardeners"
- 2023-04-28 Stage 3 tissue culture, "Easier than you think"
- 2023-03-22 "Perfect for producers looking for something special"
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"