- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Royal FloraHolland gives young people a voice with the youth council
Since January 2017, Job has been a partner in his father's and uncles' company in Bleiswijk. What is driving Job to participate in the youth council? "I noticed that I had some free time outside the nursery and wanted to do something different. I have always felt that Royal FloraHolland is a very interesting organisation. When I was 18, I went with my father to my first general members' meeting to see what happens there. I saw many elderly growers expressing their opinions. But the younger generation was missing, which is very important when taking decisions about the future of this cooperative."
Let your voice be heard
Why is it so important to establish a youth council? Job explained, "It is strange that previously there was no room for young entrepreneurs in the cooperative. In the youth council we discuss many important issues. What direction do you think this cooperative should take? And what must Royal FloraHolland do to support young growers?"
Together we are the future
Bianca has been running a modern summer annuals nursery in Pijnacker together with her brother since 2008. She added, "There was no group where young people could debate about the matters that affect the future of the cooperative. It is so great that we are now being supported by Royal FloraHolland! Together we are the future. It is important that we support the management with our vision of e.g. digitalisation, which they can respond to in turn."
No better place to sell flowers
How does Bianca envisage the future? "The cooperative is very important. There is no better place to sell flowers. So many suppliers, such a wide-ranging assortment, and on the other side such a large group of buyers who all come together in one spot. We have to work together to maintain that position."
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-27 From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- 2022-06-27 aspara by Growgreen celebrates summer and fourth of July with indoor gardening promotion
- 2022-06-24 Floréac awarded the Trophée d’Or 2022 by JardinPlus for the third time in a row
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media
- 2022-06-24 Roses Forever's garden roses scoop prizes
- 2022-06-23 Netherlands: Government's nitrogen plans are talk of the town
- 2022-06-23 Biotalys and Novozymes enter into partnership
- 2022-06-23 FM Group and Hilverda De Boer to merge
- 2022-06-23 First plants get a spot in new greenhouse of Forever Plants Group