- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
UK: New thermoformed packaging 'snaps on'
This is what Macpac’s design engineers considered because it demonstrated huge potential for furthering and advancing thermoforming technology.
Over the last few years Macpac has developed a brand new closure which allows packs to be assembled in a completely new way. Macpac and their designers have called it SNAP-IN.
The first application was launched in conjunction with Staeger Clear Packaging and it has subsequently offered the perfect solution for one of the UK’s leading supermarket chains. The SNAP IN innovation delivers the optimal packaging for all sizes of plants and can also provide solutions in the food sector.
In summary this award winning closure system enables a pack base to be connected to a clear protective sleeve giving rigidity and strength. A series of press stud tabs fold up from the base and snap into die punched holes in the sleeve. Precision manufacture provides a perfect fit making for a strong, robust union between the base and the sleeve. There is a built-in carrying strap handle in the sleeve.
Another feature is that it can be any shape and any size. Recently SNAP IN won a bronze UK Starpack award.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Longer-lasting cut flowers: the subzero solution
- 2023-09-21 UPM Specialty Papers presents compostable food stickers for fruit and vegetables
- 2023-09-08 “A step closer to our one-stop-shop experience”
- 2023-07-12 FloraLife moves to post-consumer recycled (PCR) material containers for its product lines
- 2023-07-11 Start of the Horti Sustainable Packaging Initiative
- 2023-07-06 "Using the same post-harvest liquid up to 8 times with UV light solution"
- 2023-07-06 Van Egmond Matricaria enthusiastic about paper sleeves
- 2023-06-07 $1.85m raised to make paper packaging stronger and more recyclable
- 2023-05-29 Start-up Dharaksha is converting crop waste into sustainable packaging
- 2023-05-26 LiveTrends Design Group unveils Valentine's Day 2024 collection
- 2023-05-26 Rwanda govt. secures funding to reduce post-harvest losses
- 2023-05-19 "We are in the mood to expand our markets"
- 2023-05-10 Launch of the Digital Academy: New series of online events for manufacturers and retailers kicks off on the topic of sustainability
- 2023-05-04 "Labeling needs, branding means banding is growing in the fruit and vegetable sector"
- 2023-05-04 Dutch company celebrates Finnish mothers with new potted roses sleeve
- 2023-03-07 "Thermal hood extends shelf life and reduces temperature damage along the logistics chain"
- 2023-02-21 "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- 2023-02-06 Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- 2023-01-30 "100% home compostable bouquets with Eco-Wrap"
- 2023-01-19 "Building a true circular economy"