- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: New thermoformed packaging 'snaps on'
This is what Macpac’s design engineers considered because it demonstrated huge potential for furthering and advancing thermoforming technology.
Over the last few years Macpac has developed a brand new closure which allows packs to be assembled in a completely new way. Macpac and their designers have called it SNAP-IN.
The first application was launched in conjunction with Staeger Clear Packaging and it has subsequently offered the perfect solution for one of the UK’s leading supermarket chains. The SNAP IN innovation delivers the optimal packaging for all sizes of plants and can also provide solutions in the food sector.
In summary this award winning closure system enables a pack base to be connected to a clear protective sleeve giving rigidity and strength. A series of press stud tabs fold up from the base and snap into die punched holes in the sleeve. Precision manufacture provides a perfect fit making for a strong, robust union between the base and the sleeve. There is a built-in carrying strap handle in the sleeve.
Another feature is that it can be any shape and any size. Recently SNAP IN won a bronze UK Starpack award.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category
- 2022-06-14 Clayrton's targets full-paper packaging for flowers and plants
- 2022-06-02 "People want to become more sustainable, and the transport tray plays a role in this"
- 2022-05-31 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-26 Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- 2022-05-25 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-18 FTD introduces sustainable packaging for all Farm-to-door orders
- 2022-05-10 New foolproof planter solution gaining worldwide interest
- 2022-04-15 “28 days of tulip freshness, stunning results”
- 2022-04-05 Decowraps completes acquisition of Flopak USA
- 2022-03-31 Russia is no longer paying rights on patents for Siropack packaging technology
- 2022-03-15 "The proceeds of the sales of these products will be donated to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal"
- 2022-03-15 Gipea reports label shortage in Italy
- 2022-03-14 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"
- 2022-03-11 Panic in label land
- 2022-03-11 "The easiest way to protect ethylene sensitive cut flowers"
- 2022-03-01 8 different types of produce packaging to sell fresh produce in