- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
'Everything about steaming' by MSD at IPM Essen
Steaming processes can be implemented in all sectors of horticulture, from greenhouses to the open land.
As a result, modern and time-saving as well as energy efficient cover steaming processes are catching on. On the open land, semi-automatic and fully automatic steaming machines are successfully in use, especially on vegetable farms and tree nurseries. Technical progress has been made with the use of spike-covers for sandwich-steaming. With these, steam can be output up to a depth of 25cm using 17cm long spikes. First experiences saw energy savings of 50% compared to conventional cover-steaming.
Combating invasive neophytes like the Japanese knotweed and the yellow nutsedge is effective using steam. Also, combating weeds, soil-borne diseases, pests and soil fatigue with steam at strawberry- and tree nurseries is showing a good effect. Finally, steaming processes are used to combat weeds in public green areas and parks.
All information concerning the topic "Steaming" is provided by MSD GmbH, Durbach, on the IPM Essen 23 – 26 January 2018 in Hall 3, Booth B 52.
For more information:
77770 Durbach / Germany
Tel: (+49) 781 127 866-60
Fax: (+49) 781 127 866-69
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-09 Green Ghana: Lands Ministry designates seedling centers
- 2021-09-28 Italy: “Many varieties have been damaged by the frosts”
- 2021-09-03 US: California tree nursery sees surging demand for trees after wildfires
- 2021-09-02 In the midst of seed-collecting season for planting forests around the world
- 2020-12-07 Netherlands: 9 meters for House of Representatives, 12 meters for Bosman Van Zaal
- 2020-09-18 Australia: Investment tool launches to drive greater adoption of urban forest and greenspace
- 2020-08-25 Oxygen helps get rid of algae
- 2020-06-12 USDA Certified Organic tree grower joins Bower & Branch network
- 2020-05-26 Every tree counts at Ellenby Tree Farm
- 2020-04-02 Former Connecticut arborist refocuses on plant sciences career and benefits from HRI funds
- 2020-03-02 CAN (AB): Cheyenne Tree Farms celebrates 40th anniversary
- 2020-02-12 Van den Berk opens nursery in the UK
- 2020-01-07 "Propagation trays play vital role in tree health"
- 2019-12-16 Clonal nursery of native tree species established in Philippines
- 2019-11-11 "Go far with a tree production travel scholarship"
- 2019-11-06 HTA supports Defra Minister to plant trees sooner rather than later
- 2019-10-30 Chinese tree nursery sector shows continuous interest in the Netherlands
- 2019-09-17 "Cities need trees and greenery"
- 2019-09-11 Ethiopia Cuttings contributes to world record attempt of planting 200 million trees in one day
- 2019-09-04 China: High-tech greenhouse creates comfort for trees and citizens