- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Harris Seeds publishes 2017- 2018 growers catalog
New vegetables for 2018 include Citadel Cucumber (a pickling cucumber with intermediate resistance to Downy Mildew), Grandprize Squash (a high-quality yellow straightneck with an enhanced disease package), Secretariat Pumpkin (offering one of the largest handles available), and many more.
Harris Seeds also now offers the full line of Quality Elite sweet corn from Harris Moran. Other highlights from the Harris Moran breeding program include Orange Sunrise Pumpkin, Skyhawk Pepper, Luna Broccoli, Aldrin Bean, Nicole Sweet Corn and many other outstanding varieties.
The Harris Seeds Organic brand was recently created to support the growing initiatives of organic and sustainable growers. An expanded line of organic and untreated seed varieties is available in this catalog. For a full listing of organic seed, request the 2017-2018 Harris Seeds Organic Catalog.
For growers who produce cut flowers, there is a wide selection of seed grown staples like zinnias and sunflowers. New cut flower varieties like Neo Celosia, Giant Imperial Mix Larkspur, Pro Cut White Nite Sunflower, Zinderella Purple Zinnia and Flare White Ornamental Kale are exciting additions to this ornamental seed product line.
In addition to vegetable seeds and flower seeds, Harris Seeds carries Gladiolus, Dahlia and Lily bulbs for cut flowers; 51 Strip vegetable transplants; onion transplants; onion sets, garlic and seed potatoes; bare root asparagus and rhubarb; hops; many bare root fruit and berry plants (strawberries, raspberries, grapes, blueberries and more); and new for 2018: sweet potato transplants.
Rounding out their product line, Harris Seeds carries a wide selection of growing supplies for seed starting, plant protection, watering, harvesting, merchandising, and more.
All products can be found on the Harris Seeds website at www.harrisseeds.com. Growers can request a catalog online or call (800) 544-7938.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line
- 2021-04-27 Amazonia White with Eye: South Tyrolean plant of the year 2021
- 2021-04-21 AmeriSeed introduces new Marigold
- 2021-04-09 "It is eagerly picked up by the trade"
- 2021-04-01 Hem Genetics presents new genetics in Pansy and Viola series