- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UAE: Floral marketplace Floranow closes first funding round
Fulfilling the floral industry’s need for new business models and efficiencies in the supply chain, Floranow was launched in 2016, connecting international growers to flower retailers, event planners, and hotels across the UAE. Flowers are cut to order, delivered in an uninterrupted cool-chain, and delivered in water to every doorstep, which increases the vase life in the market at competitive prices.
Floranow has created a direct link between the farmers and the retailers, thereby providing more varieties from farmers across the world.
Floranow’s platform features thousands of floral varieties from select growers in the Netherlands, Kenya, and Thailand. Customers can make their selection online and see an all-in price which includes shipping, handling, custom duties, and last mile delivery. The products chosen arrive at the shown price – and customers receive their order through careful packaging, optimum temperature control and transportation in water.
“Our ultimate goal is to be unavoidable. The flower trade market in the GCC is USD 300 million and growing. Whether you are a grower who wants a piece of the pie or a retailer who wants to get the widest assortment, superior quality and best prices, Floranow is where you’ll want to be,” said Charif Mzayek, founder of Floranow in a press release.
Floranow’s plans include expanding to Kuwait then the rest of the GCC and Jordan. In addition, more growers are joining the platform in 2018 from Italy, Columbia, and Sri Lanka.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022