- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch young plant producer Plantise quits
- Royal Van Zanten takes over activities of Armada Breeding
- US (MN): Volunteers help at Lynde Greenhouse after massive fire
- Comparing the benefits of white and black groundcover in hot climate environments
- Zendaya Anthurium dress helps the flower grow in popularity
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 'Greenhouse with future' opened by HilverdaFlorist
- LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- Acrotelm and wood fiber as alternative to peat
- Tangchao – Activities at Benary's fourth breeding center moving fast in China
Top 5 -last month
Liliana Rodriguez, Agricola Circasia and Vuelven
Colombia: Growers optimistic about Valentine's Day
Anna Lisetska, Rafael Boada, Jose Luis Suarez and Liliana Rodriguez at the IFTF 2017 in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands.
Day of the week
This year, Valentine’s day falls on a weekday (Wednesday) and as many in the U.S. floral industry believe, celebrating Valentine's Day on a weekday is good for sales. Also Rodriguez sees differences in sales when looking at the date of Valentine's Day. "Last year, Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday and in 2016, it fell on a Sunday. When comparing the sales of both dates, we see that 2017 was a lot better compared to 2016. The sales were about 7 percent higher", she says. And for 2018, she is optimistic about the sales too as it again falls on a weekday.
The weather, however seems to be a little atypical for this time of the year. "Normally in Colombia we have a lot of sun and this year has been a little cold and cloudy. But we are now counting the days for our Valentine's day harvest and we are on schedule."
Next to expecting high flower sales in general for Valentine’s Day, Rodriguez has high hopes for their Pink Mondial rose. They introduced this variety last year and have seen a sharp increase in demand for this variety. "We receive a lot of requests for this variety." On top of that, Circasia also won several awards with this variety. At the Flowers Expo Moscow 2018, for example, their Pink Mondial rose was the Winner of the Exhibition in the competition for the Best Quality. Silantoi is another pink award-winning variety in their assortment. It won the first prize "Best in Category" in the category Standard roses at the Proflora 2017.
Agricola Circasia and Vuelven
Agricola Circasia and Vuelven are growing roses in the North of Bogota for over 25 years. They recently expanded their greenhouse with 2ha and are currently growing 53 rose varieties, of which 16 are new varieties, on 40 ha.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-06 Using robots and artificial intelligence in greenhouse horticulture
- 2022-10-06 South Korea: Yoon vows to support smart farming and young farmers
- 2022-10-04 Celebrating three years of progress and future steps for a more sustainable floriculture sector
- 2022-10-04 India: Vendors blame flooding and rain for pricey flowers this festival season
- 2022-10-04 Iberflora is celebrated with hesitation due to rising prices
- 2022-10-04 "High gas prices not abnormal, gas price crisis may soon be over"
- 2022-10-03 Eurozone cuts spend on Kenya flowers as inflation bites
- 2022-10-03 Protest signs next to motorways new in greenhouse horticulture campaign
- 2022-10-03 Report on CEA barriers and opportunities in North-West Europe
- 2022-09-30 US: Economic impact of fresh produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Deals that were agreed upon months ago still have to be honored at the agreed price
- 2022-09-30 "How flowers and translations connect you with your people"
- 2022-09-30 Florida, the state of flowers
- 2022-09-29 Nepal: Wilted demand dismays flower traders
- 2022-09-29 ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 2022-09-28 "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-27 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-26 Canada-Carribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program update
- 2022-09-26 Responsible Business Conduct Agreement for the floriculture sector finalized