- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants - Italy
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Mayte Grazia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
August 22, Portland
US (OR): Farwest Show to offer pesticide recertifcation classes
Vance’s presentation, ”Not All Mites Are Spider Mites: Bio Control of Broad, Russet and Cyclamen Mites,” will look beyond spider mites to identify potential damage from other “micro-mites” before they are ever detected. His session will cover the basic biology of mites that threaten crops in the Pacific Northwest. He’ll also cover inspection and quarantine of incoming plant material, scouting crops for early warning signs and biological control programs focusing on prevention.
Class registration is required and includes pesticide credit eligibility. Register online at https://farwestshow.com/Register/
Vance has been an integrated pest management (IPM) specialist with Beneficial Insectary since 2016. He has spent years using IPM techniques to protect annuals, perennials and tropical houseplants in the production environment in Central Florida and in Oregon. During years in the greenhouse, he developed large-scale biological pest control programs for a variety of crops and structures. At Beneficial Insectary, he helps growers establish and maintain programs targeting the key pests that threaten their plants’ health.
The 2018 Farwest Show will be held August 22–24 in Portland, Oregon, at the Oregon Convention Center. Complete details can be found at www.FarwestShow.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-23 Ambiente and Christmasworld to join forces
- 2022-09-23 Join GardenComm's free virtual event, The Green Industry Speaks
- 2022-09-22 Gloeckner Foundation announces grants funded at the Meeting of the Board of Directors
- 2022-09-22 It’s national farm safety and health week
- 2022-09-21 Flemish agriculture and horticulture open house during Agriculture Day
- 2022-09-21 Online training course: Tips and tricks for surviving the energy crisis
- 2022-09-21 US (MD): Registration now open for Mid-Atlantic Nursery Tradeshow
- 2022-09-21 Winchester florist sees surge in trade as people buy flowers to lay in memory of the Queen
- 2022-09-21 Preparing to Petal It forward
- 2022-09-20 Hundreds of thousands of azaleas flood Flanders for charity
- 2022-09-20 Year of the Garden at A.M.A.
- 2022-09-20 Submissions for cultivate education topics and speakers are open
- 2022-09-20 The international symposium Ecology of Aphidophaga
- 2022-09-20 Unwanted pesticide disposal – Locations and dates for fall 2022
- 2022-09-20 The Bloom Show: Alejandro Martinez of Expoflores talks about Expo Flor Ecuador
- 2022-09-19 Stars of the industry honored at SAF Orlando 2022
- 2022-09-19 Looking back on the 29th edition of Flower expo Poland
- 2022-09-16 Naivasha Horticultural Fair off to a sunny start
- 2022-09-16 FlowersExpo has come to an end
- 2022-09-16 Photo report Salon du Végétal