In 2017, Panalpina warned of the impending peak-season capacity crunch, pre-procured extra flights to operate regular charters across the globe, and advised partners and customers to make changes in their preparations and RFQs so that they could meet their transportation needs.
They closed the year having transported 995,900 tons of air freight, the highest volume in the company’s history.
This year, they have taken similar steps early on to secure air freight capacity for customers.
Air freight rates remain around 15-20% higher than in 2017, and there will be further increases as we inch towards Q4 (the increases vary by trade lane).
Read more at the Panalpina blog.
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 Delta Cargo unveils largest cooler facility at New York-JFK
- 2023-03-21 “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- 2023-03-20 "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- 2023-03-14 Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- 2023-03-13 Latam Cargo launches flower flights to Los Angeles
- 2023-03-02 Cool Chain Association undertakes trial, tracking flower exports from farm to table
- 2023-03-01 "It is more important than ever to bundle the flow of goods to increase efficiency"
- 2023-03-01 Network Airline Management transports over 1500 tons of flowers for Valentine’s Day 2023
- 2023-02-22 US (FL): Global Aviation Link now offering a solution to high demand
- 2023-02-22 Birmingham-Shuttlesworth Airport partners with Kuehne+Nagel to expand air cargo business in the U.S. Southeastern corridor
- 2023-02-20 China's resort island Hainan opens new cargo air route to ROK
- 2023-02-17 Air cargo super busy during Valentine's Day
- 2023-02-15 LATAM Cargo ends Valentine's Day with 16% growth in flower shipments compared to last season
- 2023-02-14 Qatar Airways Cargo transports 4,000 tonnes of flowers for Valentine's Day
- 2023-02-13 US: Carrier transporting 50% more flowers in February from Europe
- 2023-02-13 CBP surpasses 1 billion flowers ahead of Valentine’s Day
- 2023-02-13 Avianca celebrates 50 years carrying flowers across South America
- 2023-02-10 American Airlines Cargo to transport 50% more flowers out of Europe
- 2023-01-27 UK: Teesside Airport approved for perishable handling
- 2023-01-27 Teesside Airport in the UK approved for handling of perishables