First of all: the new German Packaging Act 2019 (VerpackG) applies to all distributors who put packaging into commercial circulation on the German market for the first time (referred to as “manufacturers”) – i.e. both for national producers and for importers, online dealers, etc. The act contains some new regulations and duties or their modification.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
As of January 1, 2019: New German Packaging Act
From 1 January 2019, the new German Packaging Act (VerpackG) will replace the current German Packaging Ordinance. For operators of small online shops selling on the German market, particularly, this will entail important questions and requirements regarding sales packaging and secondary packaging, transport packaging and packaging materials. But terms like “mandatory participation”, “mandatory registration” and the newly created “Central Packaging Registry” (Zentrale Stelle) need to be clarified. To enable you to stay on top of these issues surrounding the new law, we have summarized the most important information here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-07 "Thermal hood extends shelf life and reduces temperature damage along the logistics chain"
- 2023-02-21 "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- 2023-02-06 Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- 2023-01-30 "100% home compostable bouquets with Eco-Wrap"
- 2023-01-19 "Building a true circular economy"
- 2023-01-11 “2022 has been one of the best years in the company’s history”
- 2022-12-09 US (FL): "This new building enables us to drastically reduce our carbon footprint"
- 2022-10-11 Koen Pack launches sample book with packaging materials
- 2022-10-07 "Bamboo sleeve: functional and less harmful to the environment"
- 2022-10-03 NZ: Biodegradable nursery pots to offer plastic-free alternative
- 2022-09-26 Minneapolis start-up plans win price for compostable flower foam
- 2022-09-07 Macpac showcases new packaging solutions at Four Oaks trade show
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-18 How one small change can make a big difference
- 2022-07-18 Modiform is choosing recyclable packs made from 100% recycled materials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of post-harvest quality of marigold flowers
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category