The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) has announced the finalists for the International Grower of the Year (IGOTY) Awards 2019. The nine ornamental grower finalists come from: Belgium, China, Denmark, Kenya, the Netherlands and Poland.
The finalists are:
- Clematis Źródło Dobrych Pnączy Spółka, z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością Spółka komandytowa, Poland
- Fujian Hongzhan Landscape Engineering Co., Limited, China
- Gartneriet Tvillingegaarden, Denmark
- Gediflora, Belgium
- Inner Mongolia M•Grass Ecological Environment (Group) Co., Ltd, China
- Jiangsu Zhonghe Flowers Co. Limited, China
- OK Plant, the Netherlands
- Oserian Development Company Limited, Kenya
- Sichuan Colorful Forestry Development Co.Limited, China.
The IGOTY Awards will be held on 22nd January at the IPM Fairground, Essen, Germany, alongside the world’s largest international horticultural trade fair.
The IGOTY Awards are judged by a jury of six internationally recognised experts. At the gala ceremony, winners of four separate categories will be announced; finished plants and trees, cut flowers, young plants and sustainability. From amongst the winners of all categories, an overall champion will be crowned the ‘Gold Rose Winner’.
2018 Gold Rose Winner, Eduard Ter Laak of Ter Laak Orchids said, “Every day we strive for top quality, so we invest continuously in technical innovations and the development of our product. And always in a sustainable manner because respect for people and the environment is part of our character. Together with our customers, suppliers and staff, we set the bar a bit higher. That is why we invest not only in our product, but also in sustainable relationships. That our efforts are now being rewarded with this prize is fantastic!”
To book tickets for the IGOTY 2019 Awards and view the biographies of the IGOTY 2019 Jury visit: http://aiph.org/groweroftheyear/