Nursery Supplies Holdings has announced a $30 million series of investments in state-of-the-art equipment to expand its Nursery Supplies and Summit Janor businesses. The investments will update existing equipment, expand production capacity and relocate corporate headquarters to Kissimmee over the next two years.
Investments being made in the Kissimmee, FL, Chambersburg, PA, Orange, CA, Jacksonville, TX, and Akron, OH facilities include:
- In-line automation and upgrading of injection and thermoforming equipment to provide tag slot capabilities in all facilities.
- Rebuilding and refining all in-line thermoformers as well as increasing printing capabilities in the newly expanded Summit Janor mega-manufacturing site in Ohio.
- Significantly improving the automation features in wash lines at the Pennsylvania facility as well as adding a fourth recycling wash line in the Texas facility.
- Adding automated printing and in-line tag slot capabilities as well as installing a second in-line thermoformer by summer 2019 in the Florida plant.
- Relocating senior administrative offices from Pennsylvania to Florida in order to support the major growth the business is experiencing and take advantage of a location in a major metropolitan area for future growth.
In total, the planned investments are expected to add approximately seventy jobs to the hourly and salaried workforce.
“This investment is part of our growth and market leadership strategy of providing products and solutions for our customers and their customers as we develop new, innovative and environmentally friendly applications for them” said John L. Collins, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nursery Supplies Holdings.
For more information: