Eleven plants have been nominated for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019. All of the exhibitors at IPM Essen with woody plants and perennials were able to submit plants or plant concepts for this award. Ultimately, 11 of the plants/plant concepts entered were nominated. The Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019 will be presented at 3.00 pm on Thursday 24 January in the BIZZ Holland stand, hall 8, stand number 8A40.
The Show Your Colours Award IPM was introduced to encourage participants in the trade fair to put their products with added value under the spotlight. The nominated plants distinguish themselves from other products in terms of (leaf) colour, shape, name, the fruit they bear, tolerance to drought and heat, and sustainability.
Nominations for Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019
The following 11 plants/plant concepts have been nominated for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019, in alphabetical order:
- Camellia japonica Winter Perfume Pink & Pearl – Van Son & Koot (NL)
- Cordyline-Mix – About Plants Zundert (NL)
- Corokia virgata Maori Green & Maori Silver – Addenda (NL)
- Cyclamen persicum Indiaka (div. kleuren) – Morel Diffusion SAS (F)
- Dianthus Pink Kisses – Selecta One (D)
- Hydrangea macrophylla x H. scandens ‘French Bolero’ – Vegepolys (F)
- Laurus nobilis Feel Green Kitchen Bay tree – GOVA Decorum (NL)
- Lavandula intermedia Phenomenal – Joh. Stolwijk & Söhne (NL)
- Lucky Berry 4-month strawberry – Diederk Heinje e.a. (D)
- Rubus-Mix – Jungheim Boomkwekerijen (NL)
- Wonder Tree fruit trees – Fruithof (NL)
The plants nominated will be presented in the BIZZ Holland stand, hall 8, stand number 8A40. On Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23 and Thursday morning 24 January, all visitors will be able to vote for their favourite plant using coins. On Thursday afternoon, the plants and their stories will be judged by a professional jury consisting of Linda Hoogendoorn - Veelenturf, director of Stichting Beurshal, Sytse Berends Blunt Communicatieadvies, Oliver Mathys 'I green you', Andreas Henk trade journalist Gabot - Das Gartenbau Portal and Oliver P. Kuhrt Messe Essen. The verdict of the jury together with the visitors' votes will ultimately produce a winner.
The Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019 is a collaboration between trade fair organisation IPM and BIZZ Communications.
For more information: