For 10 years the HTA National Plant Show, sponsored by Hortipak, has impressed with representatives of British suppliers from across the spectrum including seeds, bulbs and bedding plants through to houseplants, perennials and trees and everything in between. The 2019 show takes place on Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 June at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire.
The former Nursery Supply Show will be co-located in Hall 1, so that everything the trade needs to sell plants will be accessible under one roof. With a wealth of innovation and expertise visitors can now meet the full spectrum of suppliers including, plants, polytunnel and glasshouse supply, substrates and growing media through to display benching, machinery, labelling and product information and much more.
Over the ten years of the show there are over 40 companies that have exhibited at every show – this includes the headline partner, Hortipak. Grower businesses that have attended all shows include: Allensmore Nurseries, The Bransford Webbs Plant Company, Darby Nursery Stock, Frank P Matthews, Hillier Nurseries, Golden Grove Nurseries, Johnsons of Whixley, Kernock Park Plants, Kilworth Conifers, Lowaters Nurseries, Pentland Plants, Pickmere Nurseries and Wyevale Nurseries.
The New Plant Awards form the heart of the show and over its 10-year history have attracted in excess of 1,000 entries. Winners of the judges award over the years include:-
- 2010 - Begonia 'Glowing Embers' from Allensmore Nurseries
- 2011 - Dianthus Memories from The Bransford Webbs Plant Company
- 2012 - Hebe ‘Rhubarb and Custard’ from Tully Nurseries
- 2013 - Clematis 'Beautiful Bride' by New Leaf Plants
- 2014 - Trollius ‘Dancing Flame’ by Darby Nursery Stock and Fairweather’s Nursery
- 2015 - Salvia Love & Wishes from Darby Nursery Stock & Kernock Park Plants
- 2016 - Salvia Blue Marvel from Darby Nursery Stock
- 2017 - Malus sieboldii Aros from Frank P Matthews
- 2018 - Laburnum anagyroides Yellow Rocket from Frank P Matthews
The show also provides a showcase for display and merchandising ideas with exhibitors demonstrating how their plants can be presented instore in fun and innovative ways. As well as on the stands themselves these ideas are also showcased in the Best Retail Concept award – which this year will feature in Hall 1. There will also a new product awards for non-plants which highlights the innovation coming through all areas of the industry.