After a rigorous registration process, Phil Weller, the official distributor of Dudutech products in Zimbabwe, has received the official rubber stamp on a range of pest and crop management solutions. Among the products now available to farmers in Zimbabwe are Mytech, Trichotech, Lecatech and Beauvitech, microbial products used for the management of pests and diseases, and the intelligent chemicals pHusion and Trident used to boost crop development. The country, which has a tradition of commercial agriculture, is set to directly benefit from these innovative products through improved plant health and more sustainable crop and soil practices.
- Mytech contains Paecilomyces lilacinus (F18), a naturally occurring nematode killing fungus used to manage plant parasitic nematodes including Root knot, Cyst, Root lesion, Burrowing and Reniform amongst others.
- Beauvitech contains spores of Beauveria bassiana J25, a fungus which kills Thrips and whiteflies through an entomopathogenic processes.
- Lecatech is a biological insecticide containing Lecanicillium lecanii J27, a naturally occurring specialised entomopathogenic fungus which targets whiteflies.
- Trichotech contains spores of Trichoderma asperellum a soil dwelling fungi that is beneficial to plants. The fungus is antagonistic to soil pathogenic fungi and has been used globally for control of soil borne fungal diseases caused by Fusarium spp., Pythium spp. and Rhizoctonia spp. In addition, the strain is known to increase plant vigour.
- pHusion is a foliar feed containing 3-21-23+2% Phosphite + Silicon. The Si in pHusion stimulates phosphite metabolism within the plant leading to increased root development even during stressful conditions.
- Trident is a folliar feed containing Zinc, Copper & Silicon – essential elements for plant health.
For more information: