InstantHedge took the design/build market in the United States by storm in 2018, debuting 20 varieties of precision-trimmed and packaged, ready-to-plant 3-4’ and 5-6’ hedges. In the fall the company expanded with a line of 18” boxwood panels for instant borders, knot gardens and patios.
This spring, InstantHedge introduces the newest innovation: “ready to wear” hedges planted in a cedar shipping and display container. The containers can be allowed to weather naturally or painted in custom colors to match any venue. Cedar boxes are 40" long x 16" wide x 14.5" tall and can accommodate hedge panels ranging in height from 3 to 6 feet.
The cedar box option introduces easy portability to InstantHedge features. Now the same hedges can be placed in any configuration (above ground) for long-term privacy and screening or moved for flexible use of space.
The new cedar boxes are:
- Balcony, patio, and terrace-ready
- Perfect for wedding venues, restaurants, and other locations where portability is needed
- Available painted in any color to fit any style
- Forklift-friendly and easy to move around
- Packed 3 units per pallet for ease of shipping
Flexible shipping container options
All 3-4’ and 5-6’ hedges can be packed and shipped in three different ways, depending on the buyer’s needs, preferences, and expected installation timing.
Cedar boxes ship with four hedges per unit, and three units per pallet. This container option is best for:
- Longer lasting retail displays - stock them in the garden center
- Shipping straight to venues with balconies, patios, and terraces
- Commercial properties such as restaurants, office buildings, hotels, golf courses, and event venues
- Moving and placing with a forklift
Biodegradable cardboard boxes (the original container) ship with four hedges per unit, three units per pallet and are best for:
- Immediate on-the-job installation
- Zero-waste planting
- Easy and fast planting
Woven fabric bags provide economy in shipping, with four hedges per panel and four units per pallet. These are best for:
- Retail locations requiring a long shelf life
- Moving without a forklift (four handles make it easy for 2 people to move units around)
- Holding at job sites when hedges aren’t being planted within a few weeks of shipping
Wholesalers, independent garden centers, and commercial landscapers visit InstantHedge for information and pricing. For orders, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-587-0102.
You will also find InstantHedges in New England at SiteOne, Northern Nurseries, Pierson Nurseries and Cavicchio Greenhouses. They may also be purchased at Manor View Farm in the Mid-Atlantic.
InstantHedge offers 20 varieties of ready-to-plant hedges, covering hardiness zones from 2-9, heights of 3-6 feet, and full to partial sunlight requirements. Boxwood hedges are available at 18” for spring, 24” for summer/fall.
- Buxus x ‘Green Mountain’ – Green Mountain Boxwood
- Ilex aquipernyi ‘Dragon Lady’ – Dragon Lady Holly
- Juniperus scopulorum ‘Wichita Blue’ – Wichita Blue Rocky Mountain
- Prunus laurocerasus – English or Cherry Laurel
- Prunus laurocerasus ‘Schipkaensis’ – Schipka Cherry Laurel
- Prunus lusitanica – Portuguese Cherry Laurel
- Pyracantha ‘Teton’ – Teton Firethorn
- Taxus x media ‘Hicksii’ – Yew
- Thuja occidentalis – American Arborvitae
- Thuja occidentalis ‘Smaragd’ – Emerald Green Arborvitae
- Thuja plicata ‘Virescens’ – Western Red Cedar
- Thuja x ‘Green Giant’ – Green Giant Arborvitae
- Acer ginnala ‘Flame’ – Flame Amur Maple
- Carpinus betulus – European Hornbeam
- Cornus mas – Cornelian Cherry
- Fagus sylvatica – European Beech
- Magnolia stellata ‘Royal Star’ – Royal Star Magnolia
- Taxodium distichum – Bald Cypress
- Viburnum davidii – Arrowwood Viburnum
For more information: