This article summarizes publicly available data on efficacy of commercially available, EPA-registered biochemical biopesticides for plant disease control. For a more detailed introduction see the related eOrganic article Biopesticides for Plant Disease Management in Organic Farming. At the time of writing, these products were allowed for use on organic farms. However, products and their status for use on organic farms change, so before using any of these products, be sure to (1) read the label to assure that the product is labeled for the crop you intend to apply it to and the disease you intend to control, (2) read and understand the safety precautions and application restrictions, and (3) make sure that the brand name product is listed in your Organic System Plan, approved by your certifier AND registered for legal use in your state. For more information on how to determine whether a disease management product can be used on your farm, see the eOrganic article Can I Use this Product for Disease Management on my Organic Farm?
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
US: Efficacy of biochemical biopesticides that may be used in organic farming
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-11 NL: Sprinklr.co calls on growers to go organic
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-05-22 USDA launches organic INTEGRITY database trade partner module
- 2022-08-30 Inside the growing, gorgeous, female-Led Slow Flowers revolution
- 2022-08-29 Chandigarh MC starts processing floral waste into "puja samagri"
- 2022-07-21 "Beleaf in green"
- 2022-05-31 Most common Mexican edible flowers
- 2022-03-02 Floral lattes may be the prettiest social media trend of 2022
- 2020-03-10 Designing resilient organic greenhouse production systems for Europe
- 2019-12-18 Ellepot introducing new paper for organic production
- 2019-05-17 Iberflora Labs: The new space of innovation and research for Iberflora
- 2019-04-19 UK: Is our love affair with begonias and marigolds costing the earth?
- 2019-03-27 US: Efficacy of biochemical biopesticides that may be used in organic farming
- 2019-03-13 UK: New support service launched to help farmers considering organic
- 2019-02-04 How to grow flowers organically
- 2018-10-10 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-07-16 UK: Organic grower on an environmental mission
- 2018-07-06 “The missing link in the organic production“
- 2018-06-26 US (PA): LED improves production and plant quality in organic greenhouse
- 2018-04-11 Transforming St Lucia’s floriculture industry