Most commercially produced growing media are composed of a combination of one or more components, such as sphagnum peat moss, perlite or pumice type materials, coir, bark or wood products, vermiculite and other materials, to produce distinct physical properties that will provide the plant with the best possible air porosity and water holding capacity for greenhouse plant production. In this brief article, Troy Buechel of PRO-MIX explores the basics of what air porosity is and why it is important for the production of healthy plants.
- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-20 Innovative new controlled release fertilizer for the Canadian market
- 2019-06-10 Nutrient monitoring of fuchsia
- 2019-06-07 Kenya government apologizes to flower industry for delayed fertilizer clearance process
- 2019-05-29 Nutrient monitoring of dusty miller
- 2019-05-24 Video: Organic growing medium for seed germination and plug production
- 2019-05-24 The influence of biochar and solid digestate on rose-scented geranium
- 2019-05-23 "Naturally occurring microorganisms can assist in nutrient uptake and reduce plant stress"
- 2019-05-21 How Biofungicide can help commercial growers
- 2019-05-16 Kenya: Fertilizer imports decline by 26% in 2018
- 2019-05-09 "Precision fertilization is improving"
- 2019-05-08 Video: A general purpose growing medium
- 2019-04-25 Vietnam: Largest bio-organic fertiliser plant in northern region opens
- 2019-04-24 Nutrient monitoring of Cleome, Heliotrope, Oregano, Scaevola, Thyme, and Verbena
- 2019-04-16 Video: Everything you need to know about Mycorrhizae
- 2019-04-03 Air porosity: What is it and how important is it?
- 2019-03-26 "Have you evaluated your irrigation water quality recently?"
- 2019-03-11 US (FL): Fertilizer ordinance update for late 2018 and early 2019
- 2019-03-04 "Chelated calcium benefits poinsettias"
- 2019-02-14 US: Overview of plant growth regulators for greenhouse production
- 2019-02-07 Kenya: 1,000-tonne fertiliser for flowers stuck at the port