For perishables with a short shelf life, shipping by air—by far the fastest mode of transportation—has become the preferred way to go. And it may be tempting to think that an aircraft's flight time is all shippers need to worry about when it comes to ensuring freshness. But maintaining the proper temperature throughout the shipment's journey, from pickup at origin to delivery at the destination, is the real key to ensuring freshness and quality. Here are five steps shippers can take to help their perishable products maintain temperature integrity and reach consumers in peak condition.
- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
- International Account Manager - Export
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-30 Ethiopian Cargo & Logistics Services wins Best Cargo Airline-Africa Award
- 2019-04-29 Top flowers (and their meanings) for this Mother's Day
- 2019-04-26 Kuehne + Nagel continues to grow
- 2019-04-25 "Our technology works naturally to counteract ethylene damage"
- 2019-04-24 What makes Miami International Airport special?
- 2019-04-23 UK: Waitrose & Partners funds new fellowships aimed at tackling plastics
- 2019-04-19 John van der Maden new Team Manager at Veiling Rhein-Maas Import department
- 2019-04-18 Royal General Bulbgrowers’ Association starts two pilots about data
- 2019-04-17 €30,000 reward for lead to source counterfeited CC TAG5 labels
- 2019-04-16 "Roses last longer with ultra-thin Liquidseal"
- 2019-04-15 Ensuring proper temperatures when shipping perishable products by air
- 2019-04-12 Netherlands: New delivery system enables more efficient orchid orders
- 2019-04-11 How to preserve leaves
- 2019-04-10 New low-oxygen packaging improves quality, makes sea freight possible for more flower species
- 2019-04-09 Decorating with plants
- 2019-04-08 New research shows how to enhance the beauty of roses
- 2019-04-05 Netherlands: First harvest from new Porta Nova greenhouses
- 2019-04-04 Robots on wheels to compose pallets
- 2019-04-03 Increasing demand for industrial washing machines
- 2019-04-02 "To excel you need to work together"