For a few weeks each spring, a lone guard monitors the moors of northern England. This warden pitches a tent in a remote field to watch over a prize so rare that collectors have been known to break laws, trek into deep jungles, and risk capture by guerillas in its pursuit. The object? A single lady’s slipper orchid, Cypripedium calceolus—the last wild plant of its kind left in the United Kingdom.
- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ukrainians flock to Kiev to see flowers
- "When I walk into that production facility now operations are much calmer than they used to be"
- "Kenya’s flower growers to share Brexit pain"
- CAST: What you've missed at Greenfuse Botanicals and Suncrest
- Vietnam and the Netherlands committed to bring Vietnamese horticulture to a higher level
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 Perennial lupine: Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus (TSWV)
- 2019-04-19 Where do thrips come from?
- 2019-04-18 UK: DCF funds Studentship to tackle Agapanthus pest
- 2019-04-17 "Less water, better results"
- 2019-04-17 Australia: Pest of the Month - Strawberry tortrix moth
- 2019-04-15 Kenya: Pest control to boost yields without EU residue risk
- 2019-04-15 This British orchid is under guard in a secret location
- 2019-04-15 A troublesome leafhopper, and a few (other) thrips
- 2019-04-12 US (MI): Spring is in full swing
- 2019-04-12 Intumescence on Black-eyed Susan vine
- 2019-04-11 US (HI): Experts scramble to figure out what’s killing a popular tropical plant
- 2019-04-10 Italy: Pilot project to relaunch economy of Xylella-affected area
- 2019-04-10 US: Thrips, aphids on hanging baskets
- 2019-04-09 "Check your roots"
- 2019-04-09 US: Study sheds light on major disease in roses
- 2019-04-08 "Keep an eye on substrate pH for iron inefficient crop species"
- 2019-04-05 Tackling the puzzle of downy mildew & botrytis management in roses
- 2019-04-04 "This product is a great tool in the fight against botrytis"
- 2019-04-02 New Zealand: Where myrtle rust has been found
- 2019-04-02 One-stop-shop for Vine Weevil control in the UK