In the early-20th century, Luther Burbank was a botanical superstar. Tourists, foreign envoys, and celebrities flocked to his home in Santa Rosa, California, clamoring to see the marvels the “plant wizard” developed in his garden. For years, they watched in awe as Burbank rubbed his face on large, fleshy cacti pads that were seemingly smooth as silk. It was a demonstration of one of his proudest achievements: breeding cacti to have no spines.
- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Cut Flower Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-13 Introduction to plant variety protection in Europe
- 2019-06-13 "Biotech Executive Order vital for U.S. agriculture"
- 2019-06-11 PanAmerican Seed acquires celosia breeding from Celex
- 2019-06-10 Netherlands: Product Training for Syngenta Flowers export customers
- 2019-06-07 35 years of passion for roses
- 2019-06-06 Seed industry getting down to the nitty-gritty
- 2019-06-04 "Unique genetics guarantee ever more innovation in the chrysanthemum segment"
- 2019-06-04 "Delta series improved by 45 percent"
- 2019-06-03 Lantana: "Bi-colors on the rise"
- 2019-06-03 Companies seek clarity on breeding innovation to stay in EU
- 2019-05-30 "The Gerbera’s business in Colombia is very interesting"
- 2019-05-30 "Primulas with stems are fashionable and quantities are on the rise"
- 2019-05-29 Meilland introduces new rose at the award ceremony of the 11th Grand Prix de la Rose
- 2019-05-27 "Science has brought back the scent of a long-dead flower"
- 2019-05-23 Breakthrough technique for studying gene expression takes root in plants
- 2019-05-22 Selecta One presents new Spring Annuals catalogue 2019/20
- 2019-05-21 New South African PBR Act: Overview of upcoming changes
- 2019-05-17 Syngenta Flowers opens demo garden at Beijing Horticultural Expo
- 2019-05-17 De Ruiter enlists help from the trade in assessing new varieties
- 2019-05-17 Ploidy determination in plant material regarding flow cytometry