Gene editing being outlawed by the European Court of Justice last year made, and keeps on making, for tough discussion between pro and cons. Reason for Euractiv to investigate the possible flight of breeding companies to other parts of the world, thereby trying to valuate the possible set back for the European part of the industry. Apparently, 'a number of breeding companies have promised to relocate their advanced mutagenesis breeding programmes outside Europe and others will follow if nothing is done to change EU rules', Garlich von Essen, the secretary-general of the European Seed Association (ESA), told EURACTIV.com in an interview.
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "A rose every lady deserves"
- Valentine's Day 2020: Ups and downs in international rose trade
- Netherlands: Higher rose prices as Kenyan supply lags behind
- Dümmen Orange and Perfect Plants sign agreement for collaboration
- The Friday effect and oversupply: the challenges for Colombia’s flower sector in 2020
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-21 Sneak Peek California Spring Trials 2020
- 2020-02-21 Plants and the people who name them
- 2020-02-20 Kenya: Open Days at WAC International
- 2020-02-20 New Dümmen Orange CEO on company’s ambitious growth plans
- 2020-02-18 Chloroplasts genomic analyses of Rosa laevigata, R. rugosa and R. canina
- 2020-02-18 Haploid induction via unpollinated ovule culture in Gerbera hybrida
- 2020-02-17 Volatile organic compounds from orchids: From synthesis and function to gene regulation
- 2020-02-17 A non-destructive method for determining and predicting seed viability
- 2020-02-12 Can the French Flag and Reaction Diffusion models explain flower patterning?
- 2020-02-12 Building better base editors
- 2020-02-12 New clematis variety added to Raymond Evison Clematis Collection 2020
- 2020-02-12 Bi-colored petals and leaves add value to hydrangea
- 2020-02-11 DeCock Plants launches in-house poinsettia genetics
- 2020-02-10 How a rose variety is born….
- 2020-02-06 New red rose cuts down on light and crop protection
- 2020-02-05 The quest for the deep-yellow petunia
- 2020-02-05 CmBBX8 accelerates flowering by targeting CmFTL1 directly in summer chrysanthemum
- 2020-01-30 "We do the breeding and we collaborate on the design"
- 2020-01-27 Danziger founders receive Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2020-01-24 The brassica seed's journey