Visitors to the HTA National Plant Show, sponsored by Hortipak, which took place this week at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire voted for their favourite plants and most inspiring retails stands and concepts at the event.
The Visitor Vote results, sponsored by Floramedia, were:
- Best in Show and Shrub & Climber – Clematis Elodi from The Bransford Webbs Plant Company and The Guernsey Clematis Nursery
- Best Annual – Nemesia fruticans hybrid ‘Boysenberry’ from Kernock Park Plants
- Best Herbaceous Perennial – Geum Fiery Tempest from Farplants
- Best Houseplant – Anthurium Livium Red from Profitplant
- Best Tree & Conifer – Cherrycot ‘Aprikyra’ from Frank P Matthews
Visitors also voted for their most inspiring retails stands and concepts at the events.
The winner of the Planting the Seed Award, which highlights stand displays that capture the imagination, provide clear information and attract attention was:
- Winner – Farplants
- Highly Commended – Pentland Plants
- Commended – Pickmere Nurseries
The Best Plant Concept for Retail award – again voted for by visitors – went to the Love Tilly’s Make Your Own Air Plant kit from Key Essentials. This standalone display is aimed at the huge on trend craft market and houseplant lovers. Customers are able, in three easy steps, to choose all they need to make their own beautiful air plant arrangement.
The Innovation winner in the New Product Showcase was HIS Florence LED Horticultural Solutions Grow Light from Intelligent Horticultural Solution. These LED Grow Lights designed specifically for low and no sunlight applications, maximising growth potential whilst minimising both initial purchase costs and on-going running costs.
The Sustainability winner in the New Product Showcase was Colour Your Garden Flower Mix – Zero Plastic from Javado UK. The Colour Your Garden Flower Mix – Zero Plastic – aims to inspire consumers with the takeaway boxes containing three different perennials with a colour theme. The plants are grown directly in take-away boxes made of recycled cardboard and are 100% recyclable.
For more information: