Annual salvia requires low to medium fertility levels between 100 and 200 ppm N and an optimal substrate pH ranging from 5.8 to 6.2. Annual salvia can develop both low and high substrate pH disorders. If the substrate pH drifts <5.8, iron (Fe) and manganese can accumulate at toxic levels and observed as lower leaf black spotting. Substrate pH values >6.5 inhibit Fe availability and induce interveinal chlorosis and stunted plant growth.
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
- Bill Gates becomes largest farmland owner in the US
- The possibilities of LED grow lights in lily cultivation
- What is the effect of Covid-19 for consumers of flowers and plants?
- New formulation: beneficial nematodes in capsules
- US: Cultivating beautiful flowers and greenhouse vegetables at Castle Hayne Farms
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
- Vaughan’s Horticulture announces the unexpected passing of beloved employee Matt Willoughby
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-20 "We aim to be climate neutral by 2030"
- 2021-01-13 US: New fertilizer adjuvant presented
- 2020-12-16 Vietnam: First delivery of Bio Pro Trichoderma to Vinh Thanh Trade Co LTD
- 2020-11-24 Fertilizer Calculator helps growers calculate fertilizer
- 2020-11-17 RHP certification for SQM Holland
- 2020-09-28 "Our goal is to be the most sustainable partner in the flower industry"
- 2020-08-24 Microbial enriched growing media
- 2020-08-12 “Quality is everything”
- 2020-07-07 US: Partnership leads to the usage of less PGRs for growers
- 2020-06-29 US (MA): UMass Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab has reopened
- 2020-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2020-04-09 How does mycorrhizal symbiotic colonization work?
- 2020-03-31 Phosphorus restriction influences P efficiency and ornamental quality of poinsettia and chrysanthemum
- 2020-03-20 US: Mycorrhizal Applications introduces MycoApply Injector Endo Organic
- 2020-03-03 A ‘plug & play’ solution for liquid fertilizer supply
- 2020-02-25 Interpreting water quality tests
- 2020-02-19 European pilot project to create a new generation of biostimulants
- 2020-01-29 RHP certification for Soltera and Eifel-Holz
- 2020-01-28 Effects of depolymerized gellan with different molecular weights on bedding plant growth
- 2020-01-17 "Proper use and control of NOx in greenhouse can increase yield"