The First Mexican Floral Art Cup is going to be presented at the Ornamental Plants & Flowers Mexico trade fair. There is room for 15 Latin American competitors in the championship, and 7 master floral arrangers are set to demonstrate alongside them. The new top-level event is being developed by EIAF, Florint and OPF México.
The First Mexican Floral Art Cup (CMAF 2019) will be held as part of the biggest horticulture fair in Latin America: Ornamental Plants & Flowers México (OPF). This trade fair will be organised in Mexico City, with the support of the renowned German organizer IPM Essen, at CitiBanamex Center from September 18-20 of 2019.
The Latin American School of Floral Art (EIAF), Ornamental Plants & Flowers México (OPF) and Florint, the International Florist Organisation, all endorse and will help launch the new floral design contest.
Seven decorated master florists will be performing during CMAF 2019 as part of the demonstration ‘Creación Master’, making their artistic floral compositions live in front of the audience. They are:
- Gregor Lersch (Germany): Winner of the first International Golden Tulip Netherlands for floral body decoration, in The Hague. Also the winner of the First International Competition in Booth Display (display unit) at the Singapore Garden Show.
- Kike León (Spain): Winner of Silver Gold (Iberoflora), and received the Trophy “Best Hand Bouquet” at Iberoflora in Zaragoza City 1983. Also the Regional Champion of Valencia, and former Spanish Champion in Floral Art.
- Daniela Pighetti (Italy): Part of the 4th generation of a family of florists that since the twentieth century has been distinguished for their skills in this field. Her grandfather is registered in the Golden Book of Italy for his works made with fresh flowers.
- Robert Milkowski (Poland): Master floral designer, former Polish champion, Florint-certified International Judge of Floral Art, member of the organization of International Florist Teachers.
- Oscar Villela (Mexico): Graduate of the Latin American School of Floral Art EIAF – EAFC with the title “Master Florist”. Professor of the Latin American School of Floral Art (EIAF).
- Marco Sandoval (Mexico): Graduate of the Latin American School of Floral Art EIAF – Federfiori with the title of “European Fiorista”. 1st place in the Cup of the Americas, held in Bogota – Colombia (2015) and 3rd place in the IV Iberoamerican Cup of Floral Art, in Cuenca – Ecuador (2009).
- Macario Amador (Mexico): Reigning Ibero-American Cup winner; native of Santa Catarina del Monte Texcoco, State of Mexico. Graduate of the Latin American School of Floral Art with specialization courses. Reigning EIAF Iberoamerican Cup champion, held in Florianopolis – Brazil (September 2016). Second in the EIAF national competition Mexico (2016).
In addition, 21 alumni from the Master’s Degree division of the Latin American School of Floral Art (EIAF) from Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico will be presenting their floral work.
The First Mexican Floral Art Cup is open to all those who are graduated from a professional Floral Design School and are interested in participating in the competition. There will be a maximum number of 15 enrolled candidates.