Vinca require low fertility levels between 100 and 150 ppm N. Low fertility results in chlorotic (yellow) stunted plants with an upright leaf orientation. Optimal substrate pH values range from 5.5 to 5.8. If the substrate pH drifts <5.5, iron (Fe) and manganese can accumulate at toxic levels and observed as lower leaf black spotting. Substrate pH values >6.5 inhibit Fe uptake, leading to symptoms of interveinal chlorosis and bleaching (whitening) on the upper leaves.
- Supply Chain Assistant – Netherlands
- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- USDA approves “Orange Petunias” for sale in the United States
- Bill Gates becomes largest farmland owner in the US
- Kenya: United Selections kicks off the year with its annual open day event
- "Bloom guard mixed paper packaging upholds sustainable presentation of flowers in water”
- HilverdaFlorist and Takii join forces to accelerate pot gerbera breeding
Top 5 -last month
- "Unexpected high demand for Valentine's Day roses"
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-22 UK: New biostimulant boosts stress tolerance in ornamentals
- 2021-01-20 "We aim to be climate neutral by 2030"
- 2021-01-13 US: New fertilizer adjuvant presented
- 2020-12-16 Vietnam: First delivery of Bio Pro Trichoderma to Vinh Thanh Trade Co LTD
- 2020-11-24 Fertilizer Calculator helps growers calculate fertilizer
- 2020-11-17 RHP certification for SQM Holland
- 2020-09-28 "Our goal is to be the most sustainable partner in the flower industry"
- 2020-08-24 Microbial enriched growing media
- 2020-08-12 “Quality is everything”
- 2020-07-07 US: Partnership leads to the usage of less PGRs for growers
- 2020-06-29 US (MA): UMass Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab has reopened
- 2020-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2020-04-09 How does mycorrhizal symbiotic colonization work?
- 2020-03-31 Phosphorus restriction influences P efficiency and ornamental quality of poinsettia and chrysanthemum
- 2020-03-20 US: Mycorrhizal Applications introduces MycoApply Injector Endo Organic
- 2020-03-03 A ‘plug & play’ solution for liquid fertilizer supply
- 2020-02-25 Interpreting water quality tests
- 2020-02-19 European pilot project to create a new generation of biostimulants
- 2020-01-29 RHP certification for Soltera and Eifel-Holz
- 2020-01-28 Effects of depolymerized gellan with different molecular weights on bedding plant growth