What are the Floral Trends for 2020? Marginpar Group, a company with flower farms in Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Kenya and Ethiopia, asked themselves this question and Trend Translator Sandra Könings made them a top 10.
"Anything is possible in 2020. You can do whatever you want! Flowers are a statement, beyond any trend. The red or white rose is never out of fashion. But you can compare flowers with music: old hits continue to sell and new tunes stimulate sales. More than ever, all senses play a role: taste, feeling and sound. There is an increase in scent concepts. Nothing beats natural fragrances! Movement, preferably with sound or light effects, is a must", she says.
In summary, Könings describes the following trends:
- Consumers want to be surprised.
- Free forms with purple flowers ranging from very large to very small.
- Dried flowers and grasses are back!
- Embrace everything that is soft and diffuse.
- Create powerful forms with bold stripes and round shapes.
- Extremes combine perfectly!
- A flight into decadence.
- Tough flowers, seed pods and branches combine perfectly with lush flowers or fine grasses.
- The individual beauty of the flower or branch pops out.
- Serene and peaceful arrangements are back.