The British Florist Association has published updated information on Covid-19 and your business. Read the points below that apply to you but please note that Local Authorities and Banks are also waiting for Government advice, for example on Cash Grants.
They have listed in simple terms the following.
- Laying off your employees.
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail.
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief and grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rate able value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans.