In these unusual circumstances we need something to lift our spirits, so why not put some thinking time to the BFA Industry Awards, they thought at the British Florist Association. As they monitor the Covid-19 situation this year's awards may be virtual, however at the BFA they're keeping fingers crossed for a Grand Gala dinner at FleurEx or even a small gathering of finalists. Whichever it is, there are no excuses for celebrating our Industry.
The categories of the BFA Industry awards change to ensure the awards remain current and reflect the ever changing florist industry. Below are the categories for 2020:
- IoPF Floristry Student of the Year
- Floristry Tutor of the Year
- Floristry Training Provider of the Year
- Grower of the Year
- National Flower Sender of the Year
- Floristry Service Provider of the Year
- Sundries Supplier of the Year
- Flower Supplier of the Year
- Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year
- Florist Website of the Year
- Retail Florist Shop of the Year
How the voting works
- Nominations Open – This is the time to put forward the names and contacts of your favourite suppliers, college, tutors, shops, websites and growers.
- Voting Opens – Voting for the shortlisted nominations opens, this is the time for companies and individuals across the UK to get everyone voting.
- Voting Closes, verification begins – The BFA and independent adjudicators verify all votes.
- Finalists announced if you haven’t yet booked your Gala Dinner ticket now is the time!
- Winners announced at Gala Dinner
Dates for the 2020 Awards
- 18th May – Nominations open
- 22nd June – Nominations close, verification begins
- 22nd July – Shortlist announced & Voting Opens
- 22nd September – Voting Closes
- 8th October - Finalists announced
- 24th October – Winners announced
For more information:
British Florist Association