The National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO) of Japan has demonstrated that viewing a flower image affects the brain activity and thereby induces psychological and physiological reaction, which supports recovery from psychological stress. The experiment put the subject group under a visual stress followed by showing a typical flower image which led to downregulation of negative emotions and a decrease in elevated blood pressure and cortisol levels. Through this research, the mechanism of viewing flowers to reduce human stress was explained scientifically using psychology, physiology and neuroimaging techniques.
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- New ornamental trading platform aims to go global
- Paperpot's future is bright
- "Large fragrant flowers on a fast, easy to grow plant - that's our goal"
- Chile's adjusted phytosanitary measures: an eyesore for Ecuadorian exporters
- "The red velvet color is obtained without using any type of mesh or 'anti-blackening' bag"
Top 5 -last month
- Kenya: "We even gained more direct clients"
- Ecuadorian rose grower loses stems due to dramatic climatic event
- Kenya: Naivasha Horticultural Fair 2020 receives the official go-ahead
- US (OH): Green Circle Growers expands with 6 acres of greenhouse space
- Smurfit Kappa introduces new sustainable packaging solution for the transport of Colombian roses
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-16 Canada Blooms names Plant of the Year 2021 – Aurora Borealis rose
- 2020-10-07 Expoflores launches APC-APP
- 2020-09-16 The story of the ‘queen of flowers’
- 2020-09-07 US (OH): Passion Growers to get new flower sortation center
- 2020-09-03 Royal Palace and Royal Wedding in the spotlight
- 2020-09-03 What are the ten most popular flowers?
- 2020-09-01 What are the most popular birthday flowers?
- 2020-09-01 FloraLife Express products now available in Fairtrade-certified formats
- 2020-08-28 China: "Flower visitors" in Dounan
- 2020-08-28 Did you know? The origin of flower names
- 2020-08-14 An insight into some of the future floral trends
- 2020-08-12 How Jackie Kennedy’s criticism improved the gladiolus
- 2020-07-06 The Founding Fathers’ favorite flowers
- 2020-07-01 Data shows that viewing a flower promotes recovery from psychological stress
- 2020-06-30 Taiwan: New spray dyeing technology to let the Phalaenopsis industry survive?
- 2020-06-11 The band that holds flowers together
- 2020-06-11 US (NY): Canceled tulip festival donates hundreds of flowers to senior living community
- 2020-06-05 June is National Rose Month
- 2020-06-04 Hippy Psychedelic Roses come with "free peace and love in every box"
- 2020-06-02 Ukraine starts official investigation against imports of fresh cut roses