Flores del Este is pleased to announce they won the prize: Best place to work 2020. It was awarded by Asocolflores during the National Assembly this year in the presence of the Colombian President and they received the award last month. "We are so happy that our farm has been awarded the best place to work among all flowers growers in Colombia. It is really a crown on our hard and years of work", Commercial Director - owner of the farm.
The award, given by Asocolflores.
How the program was born
The award, given by Asocolflores, says: "Cultivamos con Orgullo Flores de Colombia” and this means: "We cultivate with pride the Colombian Flowers". It is a program that is currently widely used by large companies worldwide whose purpose is to retain their workers and gain the best talent. For Asocolflores, the program was born in 2017 as a union proposal to conquer young people in the Colombian countryside and motivate them to work in the best companies in the sector. This is how the program was born: as a bet for companies to measure themselves and show their best practices as employers and be able to improve their labor indicators, their relationship with workers and that they are the best ambassadors in the communities where the flowers are present and be able to conquer all the young talent that we need in the Colombian countryside.
How it works
The program, which includes a whole process of training and accompaniment from Asocolflores, has requirements that start from the self-evaluation phase that companies interested in the program must carry out, and see which level of development has each company, being “cuttings" the first level, “flower” the second level and “Bouquet” the most advanced level that a company can reach in the program, the three levels were named referring to the process of flower growth.
Each level has compliance requirements for all the companies that wants to participate and each level has specific requirement with all the labor and environmental legal regulations that apply in Colombia, and from there, best practices and additional indicators emerge that allow us to check compliance and progress of the company on these requirements.
The established requirements and indicators of the program revolve around an employee value proposition that was built on a sector basis and that each company must adjust to its needs and possibilities. All companies participating in the program must comply with an annual training program offered by Asocolflores and a specialized company that by 2019 was Human Capital and at the end of the training process companies decide whether or not to apply for recognition depending on the progress made in the program. If the company decides to apply, it must support the progress and indicators of the program before the qualifying jury and based on this support, the winners of each level are chosen.
Flores del Este - Place to work 2020
Flores del Este won in the maximum category award: “Bouquet”. Arango mentions some of the things they do at Flores del Este “
- Start each day with a meditation for all the administrative team at 6 am (outside): Morning Ritual
- We do exercises and stretching 3 times a day (before starting the day, before lunch and before leaving to the house) …even during COVID TIMES
- Free: off days on your Birthday
- Activity of the Month: where we award: Best idea of the Month,
- Best employee of the Month
- We take the employees to the movies with their families
- We offer continue education
- Also free courses during working hours: financial intelligence, social intelligence, self love, emotional intelligence, nutrition etc
- We celebrate birthdays, Mother’s day, Father’s day, women’s day, men’s day, Christmas
- We give scholar kits at the beginning of the year to all employees with kids
- We give candies at Halloween to all employees with kids
- We give awards and celebrate the seniority
- We give a bag with groceries to every employee every month
- But the most important is that we treat every employee like family!