Hort Innovation has released its Annual Fund Reports, mapping out where levy-funds have been invested in 2019/20.
Summing up the year, the report gives a rundown of new, ongoing and completed R&D projects and in the case of the nursery industry, the inclusion of a marketing report.
Throughout the 2019/20 period, the nursery industry was faced with multiple challenges, from drought to bushfires, floods, the biosecurity thread of fall armyworm and the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Amidst these challenges, the industry pushed-on, investing $2.34 million in R&D and $808,000 in marketing.
The annual report also provides information on:
- How your levy is collected, processed and invested
- Highlights from the Nursery Industry Statistics 2017/18 to 2019/20’ (NY17008) project including:
- The nursery industry is Australia’s largest horticulture industry, with a production value worth $2.44 billion
- 34 billion plants produced for Australia’s environment during 2018/19, up 0.76 billion since 2016/17
- Details on some of the 29 active R&D investments
- An update on marketing activities for the year
The full nursery fund report can be downloaded via the annual report portal here.
In addition, check out the full company annual report for 2019/20, featuring each of the 37 industries that sit under the Hort Innovation umbrella here.
Source: Your Levy at Work