The floriculture and farm market teams at Michigan State University Extension are pleased to present an educational program for specialty cut flower growers at the Michigan Greenhouse Growers/Great Lakes Expo event Dec. 8-10, 2020. Although it is traditionally held at the Devos Place in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Expo will be presented in an exclusively online format this year, making it accessible from almost anywhere in the world.
The selected schedule of education sessions includes practical advice on starting a cut flower business, flowering woody perennials, a market bouquet workshop and more. This program features a combination of cut flower growers, university researchers and industry specialists, and has been designed to help anyone interested in operating a specialty cut flower business.
- Bootstrapping a New Cut Flower Farm with the Time, Space, and Money You Have
Dave Dowling – Thursday, Dec. 10
- Shrubs as Cut Flowers: Simple, Versatile, Profitable
Stacey Hirvela – Thursday, Dec. 10
- Do High Tunnels Make the Cut for Specialty Cut Flowers: Top Crops, Production and Handling Pointers
Roberto Lopez – Thursday, Dec. 10
- Pick-Your-Own Flower Field
Adrianne Gammie – Wednesday, Dec. 9
- Creating Beautiful Market Bouquets (a virtual workshop)
Adrianne Gammie – Thursday, Dec. 10
For more detailed information on the speakers, click here.
Online registration for the Expo is now open! Attendees and exhibitors can find the full session schedule and trade show information at the Great Lakes Expo website.