In a move to help grow and sustain an even more robust interest in gardening, KidsGardening and National Garden Bureau have created a working partnership to increase the reach of their previously individual messaging efforts.
By collaborating, these two non-profit organizations have doubled the number of consumers, families, and educators their materials and messages will reach.
"Gardens give kids and their grown-ups a way to come together in challenging times,” says Jim Feinson, KidsGardening Board Chair and President of Gardener’s Supply Company. “Those of us in the garden industry are fortunate that so many have recently turned to gardening. The partnership between KidsGardening and the National Garden Bureau will help grow and sustain this interest in gardening and in doing so improve the lives of millions of children across the country."
“I’m very excited about our new partnership with KidsGardening as it truly addresses a need to engage with gardeners of all ages,” states Nicholas Pucci, NGB Board President and Marketing Manager for Seminis Vegetable Seeds. “We now, more than ever, have the ability to give younger gardeners access to more resources to grow their gardens and expand their knowledge of new varieties and products available from our members.”
Just a few of the many events and projects the two organizations will work on and co-promote:
- Quarterly blog on gardening with children for the NGB Inspirations blog
- Promotion of Kid’s Gardening’s Youth Garden Grants on the NGB social media channels
- Promotion of the NGB Therapeutic Garden Grant on the KidsGardening social media channels
- Kids Gardening Winter Photo Contest – co-promotion by both groups
- NGB’s Year of the Sunflower Photo Contest – co-promotion by both groups
For more information:
132 Intervale Road
Burlington, VT 05401
National Garden Bureau
5201 Walnut, Suite 3
Downers Grove, IL 60515