The poinsettia is the quintessential Christmas plant. However, many consumers (namely pet owners and parents of young children) shy away from it because of the belief that it can endanger a loved one.
It is time to set the record straight on this longstanding myth: poinsettia is the most widely tested plant and has been proven to be non-toxic. Research trials at Ohio State University revealed that a pet or child would need to eat more than 500 leaves to become seriously ill. (That said, poinsettias are a decoration and should be kept out of reach of children and animals prone to munching on foreign objects.)
For your convenience, SAF has created a variety of poinsettia fliers and brochures to provide your customers with care and handling tips, toxicity research facts, and the history of this popular yuletide plant. You can print, copy and place the flyer or brochure at your checkout counters and near poinsettia displays.
Learn more about poinsettias and toxicity myths here.
For more information: