To maximize floral purchases at retail, marketers must discover the consumer’s purchase journey. What is the shopper looking for? What converts a “maybe floral” idea to an “add to cart” action either in-store or online?
The International Fresh Produce Association contracted with market research experts at Kantar to explore a deep understanding of what shoppers are looking for, their mindsets, and their outlook on floral. This exclusive presentation happens only at The Floral Conference – on May 23 in Miami.
In addition to such program highlights, conference participants from the entire floral supply chain will enjoy opportunities to network and build business relationships.
“One of the things that stands out to me is the supply chain diversity we’ll see in Miami,” said IFPA Floral Director Deb Zoellick. “It’s the backyard for many floral importers, attracts suppliers from Latin America, and draws buyers from chains like H-E-B, Giant, Albertsons, Topco, Spartan Nash, and more.
“When we get the supply chain together to learn and network, we have more-robust conversations about the topics most important to them – in this case, understanding consumers to better meet their needs and drive sales,” she said. “Plus, we have a lot of fun!”
The conference includes insights from Kantar, refreshments, lunch, and a closing reception. The Kantar research looks at:
- What floral purchasers are looking for – floral options, price points, and what products and services they are willing to pay for in the future.
- Attitudes toward floral – when they purchase and why.
- Triggers for and barriers to purchasing.
- What features or services will set retailers apart in a “future of floral” shopping experience.
- How shopping differs across brick + mortar vs. online – revealing how retailers and channels can differentiate themselves, attract shoppers, and create the “floral habit.”
For more information:
International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA)