CDFA recently visited Sweet Mabel’s Farm in West Sacramento, owned by Elle Huftill, an urban flower farmer. She takes us through her journey in farming and her passion for sustainable agriculture, as well as her commitment to the community with fresh, locally-grown flowers.
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Air cargo demand decline slows in April
- Seasonal worker program essential part of Canada's ag industry
- US (PA): Sugar Valley Greenhouse counting their blessings, one petal at a time
- US: Hawaii among top 10 states with most floriculture operations
- "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-05 US: "A tapestry of nature's splendor"
- 2023-06-05 Rare orchid grower says it's a piece of cake
- 2023-06-05 US: Southwest Virginia organic farm blossoming
- 2023-06-01 “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- 2023-06-01 Buying an established farm, expanding a market for luxury flower, and scale up for future growth
- 2023-06-01 "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud