On Thursday, August 3, a large fire raged at Van Egmond Potgrond in the Amsterdam port area. It involved a large shed filled with potting soil, among other things. It was an intense fire over a large area that released a lot of smoke. It was soon clear that the shed could not be saved, the Amsterdam fire brigade stated in a press release.
The fire brigade managed to prevent the fire from spreading to adjacent properties.
One of the possible causes of the fire is overheating, a spokesman for the fire brigade told NOS. "But at the moment, we do not know that, and I doubt we will ever find out."
Source: Amsterdam-Amstelland Fire Brigade / NOS