When it came to creating booths that will attract attendees, this year’s Farwest Show exhibitors weren’t short on creativity.
Judges walked the floor to find the best of the best, recognizing several winners with the Ted Van Veen Best in Show booth awards. The show runs through Friday, August 25, at the Oregon Convention Center in downtown Portland, Oregon.
“There were truly some amazing displays of creativity this year, and there was no shortage of competitive spirit,” Show Director Allan Niemi said.
Winning the overall Best in Show booth award was Youngblood Nursery Inc. of Salem, Oregon (Booth #18049), for their booth containing tropicals, perennials, shrubs, grasses, and more.
The Best in Show booth award comes with a free 10×10 booth space for the 2024 Farwest Show. Other Best of Division award winners included the following:
- Best 10×10 Booth – Blooming Nursery, Cornelius, Oregon (Booth #19056)
- Best 10×20 or Larger Row Booth – Youngblood Nursery Inc., Salem, Oregon (Booth #18049)
- Best Island Booth — Monrovia, Azusa, California (Booth #17037)
- Best 10×10 Booth – Mossify, Markham, Ontario, Canada (Booth #21050)
- Best 10×20 or Larger Row Booth – Northwest Nursery Buyers Association, Welches, Oregon (Booth #14008)
- Best Island Booth — GK Machine Inc., Donald, Oregon (Booth #14019)
The show also recognized exhibitors who put extra creativity into their booths with three Far From Ordinary booth awards. Winning that award this year were:
- Alpha Nursery, Salem, Oregon (Booth #18019),
- Bountiful Farms, Woodburn, Oregon (Booth #16037), and
- Leonard Adams Insurance Inc., Portland, Oregon (Booth #13037).
The Farwest Show serves professionals engaged in the nursery industry and related trades, including retail nurseries, wholesale growers, landscapers, landscape designers, and others involved in the green industry.
Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN)