- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
- Vaughan’s Horticulture announces the unexpected passing of beloved employee Matt Willoughby
(Junior) Grower - King George (VA) USA
Bloomia USA, a large-scale flower grower with state-of-the-art facilities on the East Coast of the United States is looking for an (junior) Grower to join the team to support their future growth. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, ambitious and hands-on grower with greenhouse experience.
Bloomia grows, designs and delivers flower products, directly from our greenhouses. With more than 75 years of experience, the Bloomia difference stems from thinking outside the box when it comes to innovation, beauty and success: we constantly look for ways to make our products and operations more sustainable, efficient and beautiful. We strive to become the global leader in careful and sustainable growing and design of floral products and experiences. Bloomia USA has a climate independent production, year-round, with a high-tech greenhouse. Bloomia USA is going to more than double their production in the next years and to realize this we will invest in a multi-million dollar automated production proces to increase capacity and quality.
As (junior) Grower, you will become responsible for the production and quality of the crop. You will be monitoring the climate control in the greenhouse and cooler, 24/7, and adjust the climate system in the event of mechanical or technical failures or weather changes. In order to get the best quality of the product, you adjust the climate system to the production process. We work with a hydroponic cultivation system.
You will be making sure quality control is in place for each of the growing and production stages and support the production managers with OSHA safety guidelines.
A very important responsibility is waste reduction in the greenhouse and the planting process. You will be monitoring the process and making proposals to improve the climate system, including financial consequences.
As our Grower you will be involved in the process of the automation and increase of the production process.
Due to accelerated growth of the organization, there is the possibility to grow into the function of Head Grower.
This position will be reporting directly to the General Manager.
- In charge of productivity improvement, Quality control and improvement of the greenhouse
- Monitor the climate control in the greenhouse and cooler
- Oversee water management of the greenhouse
- Utilize management information tools and reports to improve the greenhouse and production facility's performance
- Make sure we comply by all OSHA guidelineswithin Bloomia
- 3+ years of experience in an agricultural or floral industry as a (assistant) Grower
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in horticulture
- Basic conversational Spanish is desired (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with Priva or similar greenhouse climate systems
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Team Player with a high-level of personal integrity
- Eager to grow and help others grow
- Microsoft Office-skills
- Data driven
- Availability to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays with a 24/7 attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player and able to manage own workload
- Spraying license (or willing to get one) in order to purchase fertilizers and chemicals
If interested please email us at email@example.com of call us at
917 242 0830