- Supply Chain Assistant – Netherlands
- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
- CEO Flamingo Horticulture steps down
- US: "It not only allows us to self-inspect and ship interstate, it also keeps our growing practices consistent"
- Van der Knaap starts new production location in Mexico
- Another floral holiday: Galentine's Day, but what is it?
- Syngenta presents new additions to pelargonium range
Top 5 -last week
- USDA approves “Orange Petunias” for sale in the United States
- Bill Gates becomes largest farmland owner in the US
- Kenya: United Selections kicks off the year with its annual open day event
- "Bloom guard mixed paper packaging upholds sustainable presentation of flowers in water”
- "New exciting prospects in Asters breeding"
Top 5 -last month
- "Unexpected high demand for Valentine's Day roses"
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician
Exciting opportunity to work for an internationally renowned organisation who is a leader of innovation in technology, growing strategies and crops.
- Accomplished industry leader with a clear growth strategy
- Great culture underpinned by strong family values
- Located in Warragul, Victoria. An easy 1 hour drive from Melbourne City, snow fields and the beach!
Flavorite is one of Australia’s largest glasshouse producers of fresh fruit and vegetables. Flavorite grow, market, distribute and supply premium fresh produce which is full of flavour both nationally and internationally. The driving force behind the Flavorite story is our people. Our team continue to push the boundaries in the agricultural space and innovate to ensure we produce the best tasting produce all year round whilst minimising our impact on the environment. Join us in creating a healthy and sustainable tomorrow. We have a strong culture that is underpinned by our family values and a thirst for continuous improvement. Our workforce is diverse and our technical capabilities are best in class within the agricultural industry.
Due to continued growth, Flavorite is looking to employ a new Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician.
Reporting directly to the Head Grower the Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of the growing strategies that ensures both maximum production levels and high quality crops.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Climate, irrigation, fertiliser, alarm set points and IPM management
- Planning weekly work orders and implementation of crop work management
- Evaluate crop registration
- Develop and manage routine maintenance schedule
- Participate in the on-call roster and be accountable for responding to all emergencies
- Forecast weekly production
- Manage teams including recruitment, training and performance
- Develop and manage labour and production budget
The successful applicant will have climate software experience (Priva), intermediate computer skills and sound math skills. Experience in managing staff and growing in a glasshouse environment is mandatory.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience
- High attention to detail and sound judgement
- Consultative communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work a varied roster that includes weekends
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at: www.flavorite.com.au/careers
Applications close: 28 January 2021